USU tennis: Poslusny to compete in the ITA Men's All-American Pre-Qualifying Championships Saturday
Senior men's tennis player Sven Poslusny willcompete in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association's (ITA) All-American Pre-Qualifying Tournament held in Tulsa, Okla., at Tulsa University's Case Tennis Center. The tournament begins Saturday, Sept. 29.
This is the eighth-straight year the University of Tulsa will be the site of the ITA Men’s All-American Championships. The tournament kicks off with pre-qualifying matches starting on Sept. 30, while the main draw is set to begin on Oct. 4. Some of the nation's best will be taking part in the tournament.
The senior is one of four Western Athletic Conference players to take part in the pre-qualifying championship. Luis Fernando Ramirez, Marc Westgate and Daniel Fernandez from New Mexico State will also take part. Denver's Enej Bonin has already earned a spot in the main draw.
Poslusny took part in the ITA All-American Pre-Qualifying Championship in 2010, falling in the first round.
The complete Utah State men's tennis team will be back in action at the Utah Intercollegiates, Oct. 11-13, in Salt Lake City.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 53
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 30
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28