BYU men's golf: Zac Blair and Devon Purser tied for 14th, team in sixth place after day one
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – The BYU men’s golf team shot a first round ten-over-par and second round five-over par to finish in sixth place after day one of competition at the William H. Tucker Intercollegiate.
Senior Zac Blair and sophomore Devon Purser led the Cougars during the first two rounds. Blair shot five birdies on the day, shooting two-over-par in the first round before going even-par in the second.
Purser shot four birdies in the first round to finish at even-par and went two-over-par during round two. Blair and Purser are both tied for 14th in the individual standings.
Senior Adam Tebbs also contributed a strong second round for the Cougars. Despite shooting five-over par in the first round, Tebbs found his grove in the second round, shooting three birdies in a span of six holes to finish round two at even-par.
The Cougars look to improve upon their sixth place standing during tomorrow's final round trailing fifth place UC Irvine by three strokes and fourth place Baylor by five strokes.
Live stats of tomorrow's final round can be followed at golfstat.com.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at email@example.com
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 114
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 36
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 32
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21