First of all, last of all — woven within all — is our record from the Pearl of Great Price, found in Moses, when God reveals himself to Enoch, teaches him truths and opens miracles before him, until a mighty and righteous people, under the inspired leadership of Enoch, emerges.
And after Zion is taken up into heaven, Enoch is allowed to behold Satan and the great chain of darkness with which he veils the whole face of the earth: "And it came to pass that the God of heaven looked upon the residue of the people, and he wept" (Moses 7:28).
The God of heaven weeping for the sins and misery of his children!
The tenderness of heaven rests upon each of us, and most probably tears of sorrow and of joy are shed by that Father who, as Brigham Young said, is truly ours: "each and every one of you are well acquainted with God our Heavenly Father there is not a soul of you but what has lived in his house and dwelt with him year after year".
Are our eyes not watered with tears when we think of our knowledge and our blessings?
Susan Evans McCloud is author of more than 40 books and has published screenplays, a book of poetry and lyrics, including two songs in the LDS hymnbook. She blogs at susanevansmccloud.blogspot.com. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay unions...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Courage and valor: A bizarre order for a WWII...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 83
- Mormon Parenting: Don’t call gay... 65
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 62
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 28
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 24
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Letters to family show Steven Powell... 17