BYU tennis: two Cougars invited to ITA All-America tournament
PROVO, Utah – Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Keaton Cullimore, two members of the BYU men’s tennis team, will compete in the ITA All-American tournament held next week at the University of Tulsa.
“This tournament showcases the best players in college tennis,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “You have to be one of the best in your region or have a national ranking to be invited to the tournament.”
Kawka will compete in the singles qualifying round, which starts Oct. 1 and goes through Oct. 3. The main draw will be held from Oct. 4-7.
The doubles team of Kawka and Cullimore will also compete in the doubles qualifying round.
In last year’s tournament, Kawka played in the main draw but lost in the Round of 16 consolation bracket. Cullmore competed last year with sophomore Francis Sargaent.
This is the second tournament for the two Cougars this year. Two weeks ago, Keaton and Cullimore won the doubles championship at the BYU Invitational. Kawka also took home the singles title.
For more information on the tournament, visit the ITA's website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 38
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21