BYU tennis: two Cougars invited to ITA All-America tournament
PROVO, Utah – Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Keaton Cullimore, two members of the BYU men’s tennis team, will compete in the ITA All-American tournament held next week at the University of Tulsa.
“This tournament showcases the best players in college tennis,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “You have to be one of the best in your region or have a national ranking to be invited to the tournament.”
Kawka will compete in the singles qualifying round, which starts Oct. 1 and goes through Oct. 3. The main draw will be held from Oct. 4-7.
The doubles team of Kawka and Cullimore will also compete in the doubles qualifying round.
In last year’s tournament, Kawka played in the main draw but lost in the Round of 16 consolation bracket. Cullmore competed last year with sophomore Francis Sargaent.
This is the second tournament for the two Cougars this year. Two weeks ago, Keaton and Cullimore won the doubles championship at the BYU Invitational. Kawka also took home the singles title.
For more information on the tournament, visit the ITA's website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32