BYU tennis: two Cougars invited to ITA All-America tournament
PROVO, Utah – Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Keaton Cullimore, two members of the BYU men’s tennis team, will compete in the ITA All-American tournament held next week at the University of Tulsa.
“This tournament showcases the best players in college tennis,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “You have to be one of the best in your region or have a national ranking to be invited to the tournament.”
Kawka will compete in the singles qualifying round, which starts Oct. 1 and goes through Oct. 3. The main draw will be held from Oct. 4-7.
The doubles team of Kawka and Cullimore will also compete in the doubles qualifying round.
In last year’s tournament, Kawka played in the main draw but lost in the Round of 16 consolation bracket. Cullmore competed last year with sophomore Francis Sargaent.
This is the second tournament for the two Cougars this year. Two weeks ago, Keaton and Cullimore won the doubles championship at the BYU Invitational. Kawka also took home the singles title.
For more information on the tournament, visit the ITA's website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27