BYU tennis: two Cougars invited to ITA All-America tournament
PROVO, Utah – Junior Patrick Kawka and sophomore Keaton Cullimore, two members of the BYU men’s tennis team, will compete in the ITA All-American tournament held next week at the University of Tulsa.
“This tournament showcases the best players in college tennis,” head coach Brad Pearce said. “You have to be one of the best in your region or have a national ranking to be invited to the tournament.”
Kawka will compete in the singles qualifying round, which starts Oct. 1 and goes through Oct. 3. The main draw will be held from Oct. 4-7.
The doubles team of Kawka and Cullimore will also compete in the doubles qualifying round.
In last year’s tournament, Kawka played in the main draw but lost in the Round of 16 consolation bracket. Cullmore competed last year with sophomore Francis Sargaent.
This is the second tournament for the two Cougars this year. Two weeks ago, Keaton and Cullimore won the doubles championship at the BYU Invitational. Kawka also took home the singles title.
For more information on the tournament, visit the ITA's website.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25