Temple tour: Take a virtual tour of LDS temples with a general authority. The LDS Public Affairs Department just released an informative new video, “Mormon Temples: A Conversation with a Church Leader.” Elder William R. Walker of the Seventy and executive director of the church's temple department walks us through the differences between church meetinghouses and temples, discusses what happens inside temples and showcases the beautiful rooms found in temples across the world. Click in to watch this 15-plus-minute video and be sure to share it with your friends.
Temple infographic: Speaking of temples, the Calgary Alberta Temple Open House begins Saturday, Sept. 29, and runs through Oct. 20. In conjunction, LDS Newsroom has released this cool new infographic that simply but awesomely describes temples and what happens inside. Sections include “Numbers,” “Purpose,” “Attendance” and “Frequency.” This would also be a wonderful graphic to email/share with your friends and family.
Relief Society: This weekend marks the annual General Relief Society Meeting, and did you know that there is a Facebook event specifically inviting all women to attend? I think this is a first. It includes time, date, a map and a description: “Relief Society sisters worldwide are invited to view the satellite broadcast of the general Relief Society meeting, which will be held on Saturday, Sept. 29, at 6 p.m. MDT. All women 18 years of age and older are encouraged to view the broadcast. They are also encouraged to invite friends and neighbors who may benefit from the meeting.” Cool! Click in to join the more than 1,000 women who are planning on attending the event.
Relief Society 2: And this blogger gives some marvelous ideas for “Preparing for the General Relief Society Meeting.” There are recommendations to “Read the 2012 BYU Women’s Conference address by the new General Relief Society presidency, ‘The Vital Role of Women in the Gospel’ by Linda K. Burton, Relief Society general president; Carole M. Stephens, first counselor; and Linda S. Reeves, second counselor,” and to "read through Daughters in My Kingdom and/or peruse the Daughters in My Kingdom website." Check it out!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- 'Hollywood goes to Mormon country': BYU...
- Boy Scouts of America to make membership...
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 44
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 40
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 26
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17