20th Century Fox
- Surprise: With no sensuality of foul language, this film is a wonderful surprise. This is a story for adults to watch but you can still take your kids without any worry.
- Language: There are no expletives, which could easily have been used at times. One character does tell her boss off in the film with a turn of phrase, but there is nothing else to be aware of.
- Parents: This film care about kids. It portrays parents wanting to do what is best for their kids even though the odds are against them.
There have been protests over this film claiming that it is not representing unions in a fair light. Hopefully you will still see this film if for nothing else but the performance by Viola Davis. She is wonderful as a teacher who wants to do what is right for the kids. This is very much a David and Goliath story and was inspired by actual events.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on youtube.com/byuradio and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt... 3
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2
- Donor offers $5 million to help protect... 1
- Study: Erratic TV violence ratings fail... 1