- Language: The language in this film was uniquely applied by the college students in the story. Insults were thrown around easily, many being crude or sexual in nature.
- Crude Humor: Some of the physical comedy included vomiting and people falling into it. There is a lot of sexual innuendo and flaunting of female body parts, though they are covered. Sexual activity is referred to a couple of times and used as taunts.
- Nudity: Some of the characters wear very low-cut and tight-fitting clothes. There is one shower scene where the girls appear to be nude. Nothing is shown from the shoulder down. A man also appears in the shower.
This film definitely deserves its PG-13 rating. It is not quite to the level of R, but it would not take much to get it there. This is a story about college-aged kids and so it is better suited for an older audience. A 16-plus audience would probably be best. This is one of those films you wanted to sneak into when you were a kid because everyone said it was cool. There are funny moments in the story and some touching ones, but the college humor takes over too often.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer on BYU Radio. His reviews can be heard on youtube.com/byuradio and on SiriusXM channel 143.
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video sentenced
- 'Gotham' actor's Penguin inspired by DC Comics
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Suspenseful 'Maze Runner' dodges limitations...
- The latest ‘Godzilla’ reboot...
- Summer movie season wasn't so bad for 'the...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 6
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream... 2