Castle of Chaos in Riverdale: New for 2012 is the 7 Deadly Sins horror included with a carnival of chaos and a “screamatarium.”
Location: 1100 W. Riverdale Rd, Riverdale
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7:30-10 p.m., weekends 7:30-midnight.
Cost: $20 admission to all four haunted houses, also $3 Six Feet Under Coffin Ride
Contact: 801-904-2270, castleofchaos.com
Age limit: Not for children, parent's permission for younger than 18
American West Heritage Center Corn Haunted Hollow and Corn Maze: Take a walk on the dark side of history through the scariest river hollow in the valley. Or if that's too much to take, enjoy the seven-acre corn maze with child-friendly activities.
Location: 4025 South Hwy 89-91, Wellsville
Hours: Corn maze – Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.-9 p.m., Friday-Saturday 10 a.m.-10 p.m.; Haunted Hollow – 7:30-10:30 p.m. on select days.
Cost: $6 adults; $5 students, children ages 3-11 and seniors; $7.50 Haunted Hollow ticket
Contact: 435-245-6050, awhc.org
Dark Meadows Haunted Forest and Manor: Travel on the haunted trail into the dark forest searching for the remains of the old manor that suspiciously was torn down years ago. A family trail is also available and is designed for everyone to enjoy.
Location: 7877 S. Hwy 89-91, Wellsville
Hours: Mondays and Thursdays open at dark until 10:30 p.m.; Fridays and Saturdays open at dark until midnight. Open Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday the week of Halloween.
Cost: $10 for family trail, $15 for haunted trail. $2 discount when a Utah Food Bank item is donated.
Age recommendation: 12 and older
Lagoon's Frightmares: Several different events will take place for all ages and all levels of scary.
Location: 375 Lagoon Dr., Farmington
Hours: Friday at 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday at 11 p.m. Check website for specific dates and prices.
Contact: 801-451-8000, lagoonpark.com
Sleepy Millcreek Hollow Trail of Terror: Follow the trail of terror around the 160-year-old farm. Don't be surprised if the Headless Horseman joins you for some fun.
Location: 2250 W. 187 North, Slaterville
Hours: Oct. 23-31, 7:30 p.m.
Age recommendation: 8 years and up
Cherry Hill's Scary Hill: Halloween has hit Cherry Hill. Come enjoy a fun day full of different Halloween events.
Location: 1325 S. Main, Kaysville
Cost: $5-13 depending on number of activities
Little Bear Bottoms Corn Maze and Haunted River Trail: Little Bear Bottoms has 30 acres of fall and Halloween fun including a large corn maze, a hay bale fort, a spooky barn and a river trail.
Location: 5000 U.S. 89, Wellsville
Hours: Monday-Thursday 5-10 p.m., Friday 5-11 p.m., Saturday 1-11 p.m.
Cost: $6-11 combo deals
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- First look at modernized 'Annie' produced by...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- What's new: 'Power to Become' third in series...
- Wacky 'Mr. Peabody and Sherman' makes history...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate...
- 'Son of God' is strong on production,... 20
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 13
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 11
- '12 Years a Slave' wins best picture at... 6
- 2014 Oscars played it safe, but was... 5
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 5
- ‘Frozen’ makes history two... 4
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 3