UVU cross-country: UVU to compete at prestigious Roy Griak Saturday
OREM, Utah – The Utah Valley University men's and women's track teams are back in action Saturday at the prestigious 27th annual Roy Griak Invitational in Minneapolis hosted by the University of Minnesota.
The event will be contested at the Les Bolstad Golf Course in Falcon Heights.
The men's Gold Division 8,000-meter race gets underway at 12:20 p.m. CT, while the women's Gold Division 6,000-meter begins at 1:10 p.m. CT.
In addition to the two top college races, four other college races will be contested along with four high school competitions.
Behind an eighth-place finish by reigning Great West Conference runner of the Week Krystal Harper and a 10th-place finish by Cliff Nielson (20.25.8), the Wolverines teams placed third, respectively, at the BYU Autumn Classic Friday at Cascade Golf Course two weeks ago.
Both the men's and women's teams had identical scores of 78 points in the second meet of the 2012 season.
Behind Harper, Darian Sharp placed 10th (17:51.1), followed by Stephanie Christensen (1th, 18:24.0), Ally Deeter (21st (18:44.2) and Ivie Gonsalves (22nd, 18:48.4).
Behind Nielson, Mike Felix crossed the line in 14th (21:06.6), followed by Macy Butterfield (17th, 21:22.4), Chris Dorton (19th, 21:33.3) and Trevor Sharp (20th 21.38.3).
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48