LOGAN — A 4-year-old has no apparent injuries despite being run over as his mother backed out of a driveway in her van.
Lt. Brian Locke of the Cache County Sheriff's office said a CAT scan was done to check for internal injuries, but the boy appears unharmed.
"You go out on a dozen of these and every one of them are fatal," he said. "We're happy to report they'll probably just keep him overnight for observation but he looks like he's doing OK."
Locke said the boy's mother, Joanna Lee, was delivering fliers for the Boy Scouts in Wellsville and didn't realize her son had exited the vehicle while she was at the door, Locke said. When she backed up the van after returning to the vehicle, the front wheel ran over the boy's torso.
Lee immediately contacted the Logan Regional Hospital and 911 as she left Wellsville and was instructed to rendezvous with an ambulance. She was met by the ambulance on the south side of Logan and her son was rushed to the hospital.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26