LOGAN — A 4-year-old has no apparent injuries despite being run over as his mother backed out of a driveway in her van.
Lt. Brian Locke of the Cache County Sheriff's office said a CAT scan was done to check for internal injuries, but the boy appears unharmed.
"You go out on a dozen of these and every one of them are fatal," he said. "We're happy to report they'll probably just keep him overnight for observation but he looks like he's doing OK."
Locke said the boy's mother, Joanna Lee, was delivering fliers for the Boy Scouts in Wellsville and didn't realize her son had exited the vehicle while she was at the door, Locke said. When she backed up the van after returning to the vehicle, the front wheel ran over the boy's torso.
Lee immediately contacted the Logan Regional Hospital and 911 as she left Wellsville and was instructed to rendezvous with an ambulance. She was met by the ambulance on the south side of Logan and her son was rushed to the hospital.
- Precedents — and exceptions — to...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- LDS Church leaders continue to emphasize...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- The truth about addiction
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 71
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 51
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 28
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- State says it will fund Planned... 14