LOGAN — A 4-year-old has no apparent injuries despite being run over as his mother backed out of a driveway in her van.
Lt. Brian Locke of the Cache County Sheriff's office said a CAT scan was done to check for internal injuries, but the boy appears unharmed.
"You go out on a dozen of these and every one of them are fatal," he said. "We're happy to report they'll probably just keep him overnight for observation but he looks like he's doing OK."
Locke said the boy's mother, Joanna Lee, was delivering fliers for the Boy Scouts in Wellsville and didn't realize her son had exited the vehicle while she was at the door, Locke said. When she backed up the van after returning to the vehicle, the front wheel ran over the boy's torso.
Lee immediately contacted the Logan Regional Hospital and 911 as she left Wellsville and was instructed to rendezvous with an ambulance. She was met by the ambulance on the south side of Logan and her son was rushed to the hospital.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 65
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 23
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18