PROVO, Utah – The BYU swim and dive team will host its annual blue and white meet Saturday at 9 a.m. at the Richards Building Pool.
Although this is only an intrasquad meet, it will be an opportunity for the coaches to see the team in a competitive environment, as well as the athletes’ team spirit.
“We’re excited for our first meet of the year,” head coach John Brooks said. “It will be exciting to see our team spirit as they compete against each other.”
Last year the swim and dive teams completed the first season in the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation and both came away as conference champions. The teams hope to build on that success with a strong showing this weekend.
The blue and white meet will feature the entire swim and dive team and give fans an opportunity to see the newcomers on the team this year.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions relating to swimming.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 150
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 29
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27