Going on an LDS mission was a tough choice for Dallas Lloyd, but he thinks it improved his game, the freshmen quarterback at Stanford, told Stanford Athletics.
"I think serving a mission also helped me become a better football player, a better teammate, better prepared to lead the team and to contribute in the way that I can," Lloyd told Stanford Athletics.
It was such a difficult decision because instead of going on a mission, Lloyd could have gone to Stanford right out of high school and started getting a great education, he told Stanford Athletics. But he doesn't regret serving a mission. He's pretty glad he did.
"I'm so grateful for my mission," Lloyd told Stanford Athletics. "And for the opportunity that I was given to be able to forget about myself, go out and serve other people."
Lloyd served in Vina Del Mar, Chile, from 201-2012.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28