Provo, Utah – The BYU softball team will start its fall season this Saturday as it takes on Southern Idaho at 4 p.m. MDT and Weber State at 6:15 p.m. MDT at Gail Miller Field.
“The fall season is just to see where we’re at with player personnel and how the new players will fall into our system,” head coach Gordon Eakin said.
BYU will play another game at home against Snow College on Oct. 12 and then will play three games at the BYU Fall Tournament on Oct. 19-20. To close out the fall season, the Cougars will travel to Dixie State for a double header on Oct. 27.
BYU played all of these teams during the fall 2011 season, excluding Weber State and Colorado Northwestern.
The games are free to all fans.
2012 Fall Schedule
Date. Opponent. Location. Time.
Sep. 29, 2012 Southern Idaho Provo, UT-Gail Miller Field 4:00 p.m. MDT
Sep. 29, 2012 Weber State Provo, UT-Gail Miller Field 6:15 p.m. MDT
Oct. 12, 2012 Snow College Provo, UT-Gail Miller Field 6:00 p.m. MDT
Oct. 19, 2012 Salt Lake Community College Provo, UT-Gail Miller Field 3:00 p.m. MDT
Oct. 20, 2012 Colorado Northwestern Provo, UT-Gail Miller Field 11:00 a.m. MDT
Oct. 20, 2012 Southern Utah Provo, UT-Gail Miller Field 4:30 p.m. MDT
Oct. 27, 2012 Dixie State St. George, UT-Canyons Complex 11:00 a.m. MDT
Oct. 27, 2012 Dixie State St. George, UT-Canyons Complex 1:30 a.m. MDT
Jamie Morris is the softball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- Amy Donaldson: Football has helped Ute...
- Damian Lillard finding success with rap...
- BYU's Mendenhall on the cusp of embarking on...
- Morning links: 'Unorthodox' Harbaugh; 'nice'...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 92
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 63
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 30
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 26
- Cougars looking for special season with... 26
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4... 16