Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates in the Salt Lake County mayoral race are stepping up their game as they head into a full debate schedule.
Democrat Ben McAdams and Republican Mark Crockett will meet in three debates heading into the weekend, starting with a 6 p.m. Wednesday face-off on KCPW.
The candidates meet again at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral, and a taped debate at KSL Broadcast House will be televised at 9 a.m. Sunday on "Sunday Edition" with Richard Piatt.
From there, the candidates are anticipating multiple debates in practically every week leading up the election.
McAdams received a formal endorsement Tuesday from Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon. The two-term mayor announced this year he would not seek a third term. McAdams has referred before to Corroon's support, including in his first official debate against Crockett earlier this month.
Crockett announced Tuesday he will be challenging a plan McAdams unveiled Sept. 19 regarding his proposal to improve efficiency in county government. The Republican will present his plan for county programs and saving taxpayer dollars at 10 a.m. Wednesday in front of the Salt Lake County public works building, 604 W. 6960 South.
Crockett will outline the differences between the candidates' plans, according to a news release.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Utah's popular 'soda-pop geyser' is fizzling out
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Utah's new adaptive testing system draws...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 91
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 81
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 49
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 31
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 25
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 22
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 21