Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates in the Salt Lake County mayoral race are stepping up their game as they head into a full debate schedule.
Democrat Ben McAdams and Republican Mark Crockett will meet in three debates heading into the weekend, starting with a 6 p.m. Wednesday face-off on KCPW.
The candidates meet again at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral, and a taped debate at KSL Broadcast House will be televised at 9 a.m. Sunday on "Sunday Edition" with Richard Piatt.
From there, the candidates are anticipating multiple debates in practically every week leading up the election.
McAdams received a formal endorsement Tuesday from Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon. The two-term mayor announced this year he would not seek a third term. McAdams has referred before to Corroon's support, including in his first official debate against Crockett earlier this month.
Crockett announced Tuesday he will be challenging a plan McAdams unveiled Sept. 19 regarding his proposal to improve efficiency in county government. The Republican will present his plan for county programs and saving taxpayer dollars at 10 a.m. Wednesday in front of the Salt Lake County public works building, 604 W. 6960 South.
Crockett will outline the differences between the candidates' plans, according to a news release.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Photos: Olympian Noelle Pikus-Pace speaks to...
- South Jordan mayor says idea to split Jordan...
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Alleged mastermind in sex trafficking ring...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 26
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias... 14
- No money for House Speaker Becky... 13