Laura Seitz, Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Candidates in the Salt Lake County mayoral race are stepping up their game as they head into a full debate schedule.
Democrat Ben McAdams and Republican Mark Crockett will meet in three debates heading into the weekend, starting with a 6 p.m. Wednesday face-off on KCPW.
The candidates meet again at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. Mark's Episcopal Cathedral, and a taped debate at KSL Broadcast House will be televised at 9 a.m. Sunday on "Sunday Edition" with Richard Piatt.
From there, the candidates are anticipating multiple debates in practically every week leading up the election.
McAdams received a formal endorsement Tuesday from Salt Lake County Mayor Peter Corroon. The two-term mayor announced this year he would not seek a third term. McAdams has referred before to Corroon's support, including in his first official debate against Crockett earlier this month.
Crockett announced Tuesday he will be challenging a plan McAdams unveiled Sept. 19 regarding his proposal to improve efficiency in county government. The Republican will present his plan for county programs and saving taxpayer dollars at 10 a.m. Wednesday in front of the Salt Lake County public works building, 604 W. 6960 South.
Crockett will outline the differences between the candidates' plans, according to a news release.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15