By building near one of the busiest interchanges in the state, Station Park capitalizes on out-of-town visitors as well as local residents who for years had to drive for miles to buy even a gallon of milk, Millheim said.
"I think they're very smart," he said of the center's owners. "You've got people from Ogden and Bountiful driving through."
But Millheim emphasized that beyond the economic advantages the center brings to Farmington, the city has been pleased with Station Park's commitment to quality and community values.
The center has brought in entertainment options to a community where Millheim said people frequently used to complain of having nothing to do. During the summer, many families visited the center's show fountain, he said, and a weekly concert series brought in a steady crowd of between 500 and 1,000 people.
"My son has already gone on three cheap dates there," Millheim said. "It's not just a typical strip mall."
LaMotte said the developers' goal is for every person who visits Station Park to leave with a different experience. She said the center has a number of improvements and additions planned, including an expanded concert series next year.
LaMotte also pointed to the explosive growth of residential offerings near Station Park as evidence that an expanding resident base was in need of retail services. She said nearby housing developments are nearing completion, which developers say will have a synergistic effect with Station Park's offerings.
"The line we say is 'the best is yet to come,' and it's so true," she said. "I think (Station Park) is actually changing the retail landscape in Davis County."
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- UTA extending service to BYU-USU football game
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize advances
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3