By building near one of the busiest interchanges in the state, Station Park capitalizes on out-of-town visitors as well as local residents who for years had to drive for miles to buy even a gallon of milk, Millheim said.
"I think they're very smart," he said of the center's owners. "You've got people from Ogden and Bountiful driving through."
But Millheim emphasized that beyond the economic advantages the center brings to Farmington, the city has been pleased with Station Park's commitment to quality and community values.
The center has brought in entertainment options to a community where Millheim said people frequently used to complain of having nothing to do. During the summer, many families visited the center's show fountain, he said, and a weekly concert series brought in a steady crowd of between 500 and 1,000 people.
"My son has already gone on three cheap dates there," Millheim said. "It's not just a typical strip mall."
LaMotte said the developers' goal is for every person who visits Station Park to leave with a different experience. She said the center has a number of improvements and additions planned, including an expanded concert series next year.
LaMotte also pointed to the explosive growth of residential offerings near Station Park as evidence that an expanding resident base was in need of retail services. She said nearby housing developments are nearing completion, which developers say will have a synergistic effect with Station Park's offerings.
"The line we say is 'the best is yet to come,' and it's so true," she said. "I think (Station Park) is actually changing the retail landscape in Davis County."
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Don't be surprised if you find your boss...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- Computer outage that caused some Starbucks...
- 10 of the (printable) entries for this year's...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Utah construction companies fined,... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- Why McDonald's is still a powerhouse,... 1
- US stocks waver as corporate earnings... 1
- First lady: Tech industry to train,... 1