All 14 ski resorts in Utah got snow in the last 24 hours, for the first time in the 2012-2013 season, according to Ski Utah.
Some resorts got as much as five inches of snow, according to Ski Utah. With as dry as the 2011-2012 season was, snow lovers might be glad to hear the predictions for the upcoming season.
"Snowfall will be above normal near the Great Salt Lake and in the areas from El Paso to Detroit to Virginia Beach," according to the 2013 Farmers' Almanac.
Last season's lack of snow affected businesses in different ways.
The dry season resulted in an uptick in business and revenue for golf courses in the Salt Lake area compared to the 2010-2011 season, said Rick Graham, director of the Public Services Department.
Adam Pulley, owner of Uinta Recreation, an outdoor company that rents snowmobiles and ATVs in Heber, said the dry winter of 2011-2012 resulted in a loss of about 60 percent of revenue for January 2012 compared to January 2011.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 17
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 14
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11