All 14 ski resorts in Utah got snow in the last 24 hours, for the first time in the 2012-2013 season, according to Ski Utah.
Some resorts got as much as five inches of snow, according to Ski Utah. With as dry as the 2011-2012 season was, snow lovers might be glad to hear the predictions for the upcoming season.
"Snowfall will be above normal near the Great Salt Lake and in the areas from El Paso to Detroit to Virginia Beach," according to the 2013 Farmers' Almanac.
Last season's lack of snow affected businesses in different ways.
The dry season resulted in an uptick in business and revenue for golf courses in the Salt Lake area compared to the 2010-2011 season, said Rick Graham, director of the Public Services Department.
Adam Pulley, owner of Uinta Recreation, an outdoor company that rents snowmobiles and ATVs in Heber, said the dry winter of 2011-2012 resulted in a loss of about 60 percent of revenue for January 2012 compared to January 2011.
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11