Oregon 48, Washington State 7: Mike Leach will have plenty of time to witness a great offense.
Arizona State 21, California 10: The Sun Devils looked like Pac-12 challengers against Utah.
Oregon State 34, Arizona 28: The Beavers may be the real deal.
Utah State 28, UNLV 10: The Aggies are out to prove they’re Utah’s best football program. And they have a point.
Boise State 21, New Mexico 7: Can’t see the Broncos losing to the Lobos in my lifetime.
Air Force 33, Colorado State 9: Easy pick to get the percentages up.
BYU 21, Hawaii 7: Norm Chow will need some time to put his fingerprints on the Warrior program. Cougars must find an offense and if they don’t score more than 21 Friday night against the NCAA’s 116th defense, they may not have one.
Last week 4-2; overall 15-11 (.567)
Dick Harmon, Deseret News sports columnist, can be found on Twitter as Harmonwrites and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43