SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Barry G. Lawrence, who was recently appointed to the 3rd District Court.
Those who wish to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Oct. 5. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing on Monday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m. and will issue its recommendation to the full Senate prior to a confirmation vote, likely to take place on Oct. 17.
The third district includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Republican, Democratic political... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12