SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Barry G. Lawrence, who was recently appointed to the 3rd District Court.
Those who wish to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Oct. 5. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing on Monday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m. and will issue its recommendation to the full Senate prior to a confirmation vote, likely to take place on Oct. 17.
The third district includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14