SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Barry G. Lawrence, who was recently appointed to the 3rd District Court.
Those who wish to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Oct. 5. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing on Monday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m. and will issue its recommendation to the full Senate prior to a confirmation vote, likely to take place on Oct. 17.
The third district includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17