SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Barry G. Lawrence, who was recently appointed to the 3rd District Court.
Those who wish to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, House Building, Suite W210, P.O. Box 145210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Oct. 5. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing on Monday, Oct. 10 at 9 a.m. and will issue its recommendation to the full Senate prior to a confirmation vote, likely to take place on Oct. 17.
The third district includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12