2 St. George residents killed when car goes off cliff
WASHINGTON, Washington County — The names of two St. George residents killed when their car plummeted over a cliff here were released Monday.
Jacqueline K. Mertin, 30, and Robert Kurt Evans 37, died after the car they were riding in went off a 300-foot cliff.
The two victims, along with a third person, were at a popular camping and ATV area on Bureau of Land Management property southeast of the town of Washington prior to the crash. Witnesses said they were with others drinking beer on Friday night, according to police.
Witnesses said when the group left, the trio was driving erratically in a small car without the headlights turned on just prior to the accident. The wreckage was discovered Saturday morning.
The accident was reported by the third victim, a woman, who was disoriented and unsure of their exact location but was able to call 911. She was taken to Dixie Regional Medical Center to be treated for her injuries.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13