2 St. George residents killed when car goes off cliff
WASHINGTON, Washington County — The names of two St. George residents killed when their car plummeted over a cliff here were released Monday.
Jacqueline K. Mertin, 30, and Robert Kurt Evans 37, died after the car they were riding in went off a 300-foot cliff.
The two victims, along with a third person, were at a popular camping and ATV area on Bureau of Land Management property southeast of the town of Washington prior to the crash. Witnesses said they were with others drinking beer on Friday night, according to police.
Witnesses said when the group left, the trio was driving erratically in a small car without the headlights turned on just prior to the accident. The wreckage was discovered Saturday morning.
The accident was reported by the third victim, a woman, who was disoriented and unsure of their exact location but was able to call 911. She was taken to Dixie Regional Medical Center to be treated for her injuries.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 15
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 11