2 St. George residents killed when car goes off cliff
WASHINGTON, Washington County — The names of two St. George residents killed when their car plummeted over a cliff here were released Monday.
Jacqueline K. Mertin, 30, and Robert Kurt Evans 37, died after the car they were riding in went off a 300-foot cliff.
The two victims, along with a third person, were at a popular camping and ATV area on Bureau of Land Management property southeast of the town of Washington prior to the crash. Witnesses said they were with others drinking beer on Friday night, according to police.
Witnesses said when the group left, the trio was driving erratically in a small car without the headlights turned on just prior to the accident. The wreckage was discovered Saturday morning.
The accident was reported by the third victim, a woman, who was disoriented and unsure of their exact location but was able to call 911. She was taken to Dixie Regional Medical Center to be treated for her injuries.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8