2 St. George residents killed when car goes off cliff
WASHINGTON, Washington County — The names of two St. George residents killed when their car plummeted over a cliff here were released Monday.
Jacqueline K. Mertin, 30, and Robert Kurt Evans 37, died after the car they were riding in went off a 300-foot cliff.
The two victims, along with a third person, were at a popular camping and ATV area on Bureau of Land Management property southeast of the town of Washington prior to the crash. Witnesses said they were with others drinking beer on Friday night, according to police.
Witnesses said when the group left, the trio was driving erratically in a small car without the headlights turned on just prior to the accident. The wreckage was discovered Saturday morning.
The accident was reported by the third victim, a woman, who was disoriented and unsure of their exact location but was able to call 911. She was taken to Dixie Regional Medical Center to be treated for her injuries.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 34
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 15