SALT LAKE CITY — Volunteers are needed to reroute a section of trail Saturday as part of National Public Lands Day.
The Salt Lake Ranger District, in coordination with Wasatch Water Legacy Partnership and Camp Tracy/Great Salt Lake Council of Boy Scouts of America, will be conducting the trails project.
The purpose of this project is to reroute a short section of trail that will link the Desolation and Thaynes canyon trails. The current grade and alignment of the link trail is too steep, resulting in significant erosion and drainage issues. Rerouting the link trail at a lower grade will prevent erosion and make the link trail more sustainable and user-friendly.
The project will be held from 7:30 a.m. to noon. Only 50 volunteers are needed and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Volunteers are to meet at the park-and-ride lot at 3900 South and Wasatch Boulevard where they will be taken by shuttle to the work site.
Volunteers should wear/bring: Long pants, close-toed shoes and work gloves. Also bring hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle, weather appropriate clothing and personal items as needed in a daypack. All necessary tools will be provided.
A light breakfast also will be provided. Participants can register by calling 801-466-6411. Also register via email at email@example.com. Volunteers must be at least 13 to participate.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10