SALT LAKE CITY — Volunteers are needed to reroute a section of trail Saturday as part of National Public Lands Day.
The Salt Lake Ranger District, in coordination with Wasatch Water Legacy Partnership and Camp Tracy/Great Salt Lake Council of Boy Scouts of America, will be conducting the trails project.
The purpose of this project is to reroute a short section of trail that will link the Desolation and Thaynes canyon trails. The current grade and alignment of the link trail is too steep, resulting in significant erosion and drainage issues. Rerouting the link trail at a lower grade will prevent erosion and make the link trail more sustainable and user-friendly.
The project will be held from 7:30 a.m. to noon. Only 50 volunteers are needed and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Volunteers are to meet at the park-and-ride lot at 3900 South and Wasatch Boulevard where they will be taken by shuttle to the work site.
Volunteers should wear/bring: Long pants, close-toed shoes and work gloves. Also bring hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle, weather appropriate clothing and personal items as needed in a daypack. All necessary tools will be provided.
A light breakfast also will be provided. Participants can register by calling 801-466-6411. Also register via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers must be at least 13 to participate.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 36
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17