According to the Utah Department of Public Safety, 12.9 crimes were committed per 1,000 residents in Saratoga Springs in 2010, making it third lowest among Utah County cities. The county average was 23.1.
"It just makes me livid that Jim Matheson is willing to throw my city under the bus to get elected," said resident Anne Harrison. "How can he represent me if he's tearing my city down?"
Center Forward, a self-described centrist PAC airing anti-Love ads, described crime in Saratoga Springs as "skyrocketing" in a recent spot.
"There's a lot of false information out there and we're going to be able to clear all of that up," Love said in an interview last week. "You can't get away with these things. They come back. They're going to have to answer (for) some of those."
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14