Utah Jazz: Former Wisconsin big man Brian Butch to attend camp
Former Wisconsin big man Brian Butch will join other roster hopefuls at Utah Jazz camp next week.
The 27-year-old Butch is a 6-foot-11 center who has international playing experience in China, Germany and Greece as well as with the D-League's Bakersfield Jam. Butch was signed by the Denver Nuggets as a late-season injury fill-in for Kenyon Martin in 2010 but never saw NBA action.
Shortly after Journal Times reporter Gery Woelfel announced Butch's signing with the Jazz on Sunday night, the basketball player's former coach, Howard Moore, now UIC's head coach, chimed in on Twitter.
"Congrats to @Brian_Butch for signing with the Utah Jazz! #Badgersinthepros!" Butch responded with a tweet thanking the former Wisconsin assistant.
Trey Gilder, a Jazz camp invitee in 2011, is another NBA hopeful who'll be in Utah's camp that begins on Tuesday, Oct. 2. On Sunday, he tweeted, "excited about this year #jazznation." The 6-9 big man has had multiple pro stops around the world, including a short stint in Memphis in 2009.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- 4A boys state tournament central: Live...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 82
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 45
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30