Utah Jazz: Former Wisconsin big man Brian Butch to attend camp
Former Wisconsin big man Brian Butch will join other roster hopefuls at Utah Jazz camp next week.
The 27-year-old Butch is a 6-foot-11 center who has international playing experience in China, Germany and Greece as well as with the D-League's Bakersfield Jam. Butch was signed by the Denver Nuggets as a late-season injury fill-in for Kenyon Martin in 2010 but never saw NBA action.
Shortly after Journal Times reporter Gery Woelfel announced Butch's signing with the Jazz on Sunday night, the basketball player's former coach, Howard Moore, now UIC's head coach, chimed in on Twitter.
"Congrats to @Brian_Butch for signing with the Utah Jazz! #Badgersinthepros!" Butch responded with a tweet thanking the former Wisconsin assistant.
Trey Gilder, a Jazz camp invitee in 2011, is another NBA hopeful who'll be in Utah's camp that begins on Tuesday, Oct. 2. On Sunday, he tweeted, "excited about this year #jazznation." The 6-9 big man has had multiple pro stops around the world, including a short stint in Memphis in 2009.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 62
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37