Utah Jazz: Former Wisconsin big man Brian Butch to attend camp
Former Wisconsin big man Brian Butch will join other roster hopefuls at Utah Jazz camp next week.
The 27-year-old Butch is a 6-foot-11 center who has international playing experience in China, Germany and Greece as well as with the D-League's Bakersfield Jam. Butch was signed by the Denver Nuggets as a late-season injury fill-in for Kenyon Martin in 2010 but never saw NBA action.
Shortly after Journal Times reporter Gery Woelfel announced Butch's signing with the Jazz on Sunday night, the basketball player's former coach, Howard Moore, now UIC's head coach, chimed in on Twitter.
"Congrats to @Brian_Butch for signing with the Utah Jazz! #Badgersinthepros!" Butch responded with a tweet thanking the former Wisconsin assistant.
Trey Gilder, a Jazz camp invitee in 2011, is another NBA hopeful who'll be in Utah's camp that begins on Tuesday, Oct. 2. On Sunday, he tweeted, "excited about this year #jazznation." The 6-9 big man has had multiple pro stops around the world, including a short stint in Memphis in 2009.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24