Utah Jazz: Former Wisconsin big man Brian Butch to attend camp
Former Wisconsin big man Brian Butch will join other roster hopefuls at Utah Jazz camp next week.
The 27-year-old Butch is a 6-foot-11 center who has international playing experience in China, Germany and Greece as well as with the D-League's Bakersfield Jam. Butch was signed by the Denver Nuggets as a late-season injury fill-in for Kenyon Martin in 2010 but never saw NBA action.
Shortly after Journal Times reporter Gery Woelfel announced Butch's signing with the Jazz on Sunday night, the basketball player's former coach, Howard Moore, now UIC's head coach, chimed in on Twitter.
"Congrats to @Brian_Butch for signing with the Utah Jazz! #Badgersinthepros!" Butch responded with a tweet thanking the former Wisconsin assistant.
Trey Gilder, a Jazz camp invitee in 2011, is another NBA hopeful who'll be in Utah's camp that begins on Tuesday, Oct. 2. On Sunday, he tweeted, "excited about this year #jazznation." The 6-9 big man has had multiple pro stops around the world, including a short stint in Memphis in 2009.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25