USU golf: Aggie golfers continue fall season in Boise at Dash Thomas Memorial
Utah State men’s golf team will continue its fall season on Monday, Sept. 24, at the Dash Thomas Memorial hosted by Boise State University. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at The Club at SpurWing in Meridian, Idaho.
The tournament, which gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Monday morning, will play at par-71 over the 7,322-yard layout. Teams will play two rounds Monday and the final round Tuesday.
Joining Utah State in the 13-team field is Cal State Bakersfield, Charleston Southern, College of Idaho, San Jose State, Seattle, Southern Utah, Utah Valley, Washington State, Weber State, Westminster and Winthrop, along with individuals from Idaho.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies are seniors Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah) and Kris Sayer (Idaho Falls, Idaho), junior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), and freshmen Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) and Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.).
In its last competition, Utah State finished in eighth place out of 16 teams at the U.S. Air Force hosted Gene Miranda Invitational with a 19-over 883 (299-297-287). USU’s top finisher was Higham, who placed second with a 6-under 210 (70-70-70), which was his best-ever collegiate finish and lowest 54-hole score.
Thus far in 2012, Higham has a stroke average of 70.83, followed by Jeon (74.33), Platke (74.67), Sayer (75.67) and Dennis (77.67).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 88
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 54
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 29
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 11