USU golf: Aggie golfers continue fall season in Boise at Dash Thomas Memorial
Utah State men’s golf team will continue its fall season on Monday, Sept. 24, at the Dash Thomas Memorial hosted by Boise State University. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at The Club at SpurWing in Meridian, Idaho.
The tournament, which gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Monday morning, will play at par-71 over the 7,322-yard layout. Teams will play two rounds Monday and the final round Tuesday.
Joining Utah State in the 13-team field is Cal State Bakersfield, Charleston Southern, College of Idaho, San Jose State, Seattle, Southern Utah, Utah Valley, Washington State, Weber State, Westminster and Winthrop, along with individuals from Idaho.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies are seniors Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah) and Kris Sayer (Idaho Falls, Idaho), junior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), and freshmen Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) and Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.).
In its last competition, Utah State finished in eighth place out of 16 teams at the U.S. Air Force hosted Gene Miranda Invitational with a 19-over 883 (299-297-287). USU’s top finisher was Higham, who placed second with a 6-under 210 (70-70-70), which was his best-ever collegiate finish and lowest 54-hole score.
Thus far in 2012, Higham has a stroke average of 70.83, followed by Jeon (74.33), Platke (74.67), Sayer (75.67) and Dennis (77.67).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26