USU golf: Aggie golfers continue fall season in Boise at Dash Thomas Memorial
Utah State men’s golf team will continue its fall season on Monday, Sept. 24, at the Dash Thomas Memorial hosted by Boise State University. The two-day, 54-hole tournament will be held at The Club at SpurWing in Meridian, Idaho.
The tournament, which gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Monday morning, will play at par-71 over the 7,322-yard layout. Teams will play two rounds Monday and the final round Tuesday.
Joining Utah State in the 13-team field is Cal State Bakersfield, Charleston Southern, College of Idaho, San Jose State, Seattle, Southern Utah, Utah Valley, Washington State, Weber State, Westminster and Winthrop, along with individuals from Idaho.
Scheduled to compete for the Aggies are seniors Brendan Dennis (Roosevelt, Utah) and Kris Sayer (Idaho Falls, Idaho), junior Tanner Higham (Shelley, Idaho), and freshmen Seokwon Jeon (Salt Lake City, Utah) and Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.).
In its last competition, Utah State finished in eighth place out of 16 teams at the U.S. Air Force hosted Gene Miranda Invitational with a 19-over 883 (299-297-287). USU’s top finisher was Higham, who placed second with a 6-under 210 (70-70-70), which was his best-ever collegiate finish and lowest 54-hole score.
Thus far in 2012, Higham has a stroke average of 70.83, followed by Jeon (74.33), Platke (74.67), Sayer (75.67) and Dennis (77.67).
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35