USU tennis: Utah State’s women’s tennis finishes final day of play Saturday at BYU Invitational
Utah State women’s tennis played for three days at the BYU Invitational in Provo this weekend, and after fighting hard all three days, Mckenzie Davis played in the championship round of the Blue Draw Bracket Saturday. The Aggies also had Julie Tukuafu playing in the finals of the singles consolation bracket.
Davis played against Simona Synkova of Wyoming in the championship round of singles play. The match lasted two sets and Davis was defeated, 6-2, 7-5.
Tukuafu played in the finals of single consolation bracket. She went head to head with Jessica Parizher of Wyoming and after three sets was defeated (3-6, 6-2, 12-10).
The Aggie women are next set to compete at Boise State University Sept. 26-29.
BYU INVITATIONAL RESULTS - DAY 3
White Draw Finals Simona Synkova (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-2, 7-5
Consolation Draw Finals Jessica Parizher (WYO) def. Julie Tukuafu (USU) 3-6, 6-2, 12-10
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22