USU tennis: Utah State’s women’s tennis finishes final day of play Saturday at BYU Invitational
Utah State women’s tennis played for three days at the BYU Invitational in Provo this weekend, and after fighting hard all three days, Mckenzie Davis played in the championship round of the Blue Draw Bracket Saturday. The Aggies also had Julie Tukuafu playing in the finals of the singles consolation bracket.
Davis played against Simona Synkova of Wyoming in the championship round of singles play. The match lasted two sets and Davis was defeated, 6-2, 7-5.
Tukuafu played in the finals of single consolation bracket. She went head to head with Jessica Parizher of Wyoming and after three sets was defeated (3-6, 6-2, 12-10).
The Aggie women are next set to compete at Boise State University Sept. 26-29.
BYU INVITATIONAL RESULTS - DAY 3
White Draw Finals Simona Synkova (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-2, 7-5
Consolation Draw Finals Jessica Parizher (WYO) def. Julie Tukuafu (USU) 3-6, 6-2, 12-10
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 102
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 50
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 35
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 26