USU tennis: Utah State’s women’s tennis finishes final day of play Saturday at BYU Invitational
Utah State women’s tennis played for three days at the BYU Invitational in Provo this weekend, and after fighting hard all three days, Mckenzie Davis played in the championship round of the Blue Draw Bracket Saturday. The Aggies also had Julie Tukuafu playing in the finals of the singles consolation bracket.
Davis played against Simona Synkova of Wyoming in the championship round of singles play. The match lasted two sets and Davis was defeated, 6-2, 7-5.
Tukuafu played in the finals of single consolation bracket. She went head to head with Jessica Parizher of Wyoming and after three sets was defeated (3-6, 6-2, 12-10).
The Aggie women are next set to compete at Boise State University Sept. 26-29.
BYU INVITATIONAL RESULTS - DAY 3
White Draw Finals Simona Synkova (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-2, 7-5
Consolation Draw Finals Jessica Parizher (WYO) def. Julie Tukuafu (USU) 3-6, 6-2, 12-10
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25