USU tennis: Utah State’s women’s tennis finishes final day of play Saturday at BYU Invitational
Utah State women’s tennis played for three days at the BYU Invitational in Provo this weekend, and after fighting hard all three days, Mckenzie Davis played in the championship round of the Blue Draw Bracket Saturday. The Aggies also had Julie Tukuafu playing in the finals of the singles consolation bracket.
Davis played against Simona Synkova of Wyoming in the championship round of singles play. The match lasted two sets and Davis was defeated, 6-2, 7-5.
Tukuafu played in the finals of single consolation bracket. She went head to head with Jessica Parizher of Wyoming and after three sets was defeated (3-6, 6-2, 12-10).
The Aggie women are next set to compete at Boise State University Sept. 26-29.
BYU INVITATIONAL RESULTS - DAY 3
White Draw Finals Simona Synkova (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-2, 7-5
Consolation Draw Finals Jessica Parizher (WYO) def. Julie Tukuafu (USU) 3-6, 6-2, 12-10
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- Preseason viewer's guide: Locals make final...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 53
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 44
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42