USU tennis: Utah State’s women’s tennis finishes final day of play Saturday at BYU Invitational
Utah State women’s tennis played for three days at the BYU Invitational in Provo this weekend, and after fighting hard all three days, Mckenzie Davis played in the championship round of the Blue Draw Bracket Saturday. The Aggies also had Julie Tukuafu playing in the finals of the singles consolation bracket.
Davis played against Simona Synkova of Wyoming in the championship round of singles play. The match lasted two sets and Davis was defeated, 6-2, 7-5.
Tukuafu played in the finals of single consolation bracket. She went head to head with Jessica Parizher of Wyoming and after three sets was defeated (3-6, 6-2, 12-10).
The Aggie women are next set to compete at Boise State University Sept. 26-29.
BYU INVITATIONAL RESULTS - DAY 3
White Draw Finals Simona Synkova (WYO) def. McKenzie Davis (USU) 6-2, 7-5
Consolation Draw Finals Jessica Parizher (WYO) def. Julie Tukuafu (USU) 3-6, 6-2, 12-10
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars held...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- High school boys basketball: Manti stuns...
- High school boys basketball: Pine View wins...
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 95
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 67
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29