UTAH STATE PRISON — An inmate suffered minor injuries in a fight in the general population area of the Utah State Prison on Saturday.
The fight started about 5 p.m. An inmate in his mid-30s was transported to a local hospital as a precaution to be checked for head injuries, said Department of Corrections spokesman Steve Gehrke. He was later returned to the prison.
The units adjacent to where the fight broke out were placed on lock-down status Saturday night, but not the entire prison, he said.
A motive for the fight was still being investigated. The name of the injured inmate was not immediately released.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 73
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17