UTAH STATE PRISON — An inmate suffered minor injuries in a fight in the general population area of the Utah State Prison on Saturday.
The fight started about 5 p.m. An inmate in his mid-30s was transported to a local hospital as a precaution to be checked for head injuries, said Department of Corrections spokesman Steve Gehrke. He was later returned to the prison.
The units adjacent to where the fight broke out were placed on lock-down status Saturday night, but not the entire prison, he said.
A motive for the fight was still being investigated. The name of the injured inmate was not immediately released.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8