UTAH STATE PRISON — An inmate suffered minor injuries in a fight in the general population area of the Utah State Prison on Saturday.
The fight started about 5 p.m. An inmate in his mid-30s was transported to a local hospital as a precaution to be checked for head injuries, said Department of Corrections spokesman Steve Gehrke. He was later returned to the prison.
The units adjacent to where the fight broke out were placed on lock-down status Saturday night, but not the entire prison, he said.
A motive for the fight was still being investigated. The name of the injured inmate was not immediately released.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24