UTAH STATE PRISON — An inmate suffered minor injuries in a fight in the general population area of the Utah State Prison on Saturday.
The fight started about 5 p.m. An inmate in his mid-30s was transported to a local hospital as a precaution to be checked for head injuries, said Department of Corrections spokesman Steve Gehrke. He was later returned to the prison.
The units adjacent to where the fight broke out were placed on lock-down status Saturday night, but not the entire prison, he said.
A motive for the fight was still being investigated. The name of the injured inmate was not immediately released.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- Kaysville girl's death impacts community
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Legend of Vernal bank built by bricks sent...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 50
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 30
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 22
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18