UTAH STATE PRISON — An inmate suffered minor injuries in a fight in the general population area of the Utah State Prison on Saturday.
The fight started about 5 p.m. An inmate in his mid-30s was transported to a local hospital as a precaution to be checked for head injuries, said Department of Corrections spokesman Steve Gehrke. He was later returned to the prison.
The units adjacent to where the fight broke out were placed on lock-down status Saturday night, but not the entire prison, he said.
A motive for the fight was still being investigated. The name of the injured inmate was not immediately released.
Additional details will be posted as they become available.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35