OREM — The Utah Valley University men's golf team is back in action Monday and Tuesday at the Dash Thomas Memorial hosted by Boise State University.
The three-round tournament will be contested at the par-71, 7,322-yard The Club at SpurWing in Meridian, Idaho.
"We have got a good line-up this week with Mason Casper, Corey Eccles, Joey Olson , Stratton Schulz and Brayden Eriksen," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "We are going to try to put ourselves in position going into the final round."
Along with UVU and host Boise State, Cal State Bakersfield, Charleston Southern, College of Idaho, Idaho, San Jose State, Seattle, Southern Utah, Utah State, Washington State, Weber State, Westminster and Winthrop will participate in the event.
The Wolverines are coming off an 11th-place finish at the Itani Quality Homes Invitational two weeks ago in Pullman, Wash.
Casper leads the Wolverines with a 72.67 scoring average, followed by Eccles (74.8); Olson (75.17); Schulz (76.00); Preston Richards (78.17); Michael Dart (79.67); Eriksen (80.67) and Nick Smart (80.67).
The tournament will begin at 8:30 a.m. both days with shot gun starts.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25