USU men's basketball: Utah State men's basketball to hold walk-on tryouts
The Utah State's men's basketball team will be holding walk-on tryouts on Monday, Oct. 1, at 6 p.m. in the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
Anyone interested must be a full-time student and must bring their own equipment to the tryouts. A current physical with the signature of a medical doctor is required to participate in the tryout, and all participants must fill out a student-athlete tryout waiver form at least 72 hours prior to the tryout date. Tryout waiver forms can be found on-line at: http://bit.ly/OMVf4O.
The completed forms must be turned into Cody Fueger, director of basketball operations, in the Utah State Men's Basketball Office on the second floor of the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
The Aggies open the 2012-13 season on Friday, Oct. 26, in an exhibition game against Grand Canyon. Utah State returns three starters among five lettermen from last year's team that finished the season with a 21-16 record, advancing to the championship game of the CollegeInsider.com Tournament (CIT). USU extended its current school records for consecutive 20-win seasons and postseason appearances to 13-straight in 2012 as it is one of just five schools nationally to win 21 games in each of the last 13 years along with Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas and Syracuse. Furthermore, Utah State's current run of 13-straight postseason appearances is tied for the 11th-longest active streak in the nation.
For USU men's basketball ticket information, contact the Utah State Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or call 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45