PROVO – The BYU women’s golf team returns to the links Monday and Tuesday as it travels to Pullman, Wash., to compete in the 2012 Cougar Cup hosted by Washington State University.
Senior Amanda Keith looks to build upon her first career top-10 individual finish with another strong performance. Keith showed consistency throughout the Dick McGuire Invitational, shooting 74-72-74 to finish the tournament at one-over-par tied for ninth place overall in the individual standings.
“I think we’ve learned a lot from [our first tournament] and the girls are more motivated, so we’re excited to play in Washington,” head coach Carrie Roberts said.
Junior Annika Kahaiali’i and freshman Lea Garner will look to improve upon last week’s finish at the team’s first fall tournament of the season. Both came out strong early on, each shooting a one-over-par 74 during the first round of the tournament before struggling in the second and third rounds.
After competing against West Coast Conference foe Pepperdine in last week’s tournament, the Cougars will catch their first glimpse of WCC opponents Gonzaga and Santa Clara next week at the WSU Cougar Cup.
The 14-team tournament will be played at the par 73, 6,200-yard Palouse Ridge Golf Course, a championship-level golf course located on the WSU campus.
Live stats of the tournament can be followed on the Golfstat website.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at email@example.com
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 68
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 23
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 13