SALT LAKE CITY — Homeschooling can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be, according to SavingAdvice.com.
Setting goals makes for more commitment to saving throughout the year. One way to do this is to look up prices while setting the yearly budget.
There are many materials that are offered online for free. Class projects, textbooks and other additional readings are available on the web.
Instead of buying expensive workbooks or learning technology, make do with homemade materials instead.
Though you shouldn’t buy something just because it’s on sale, you can have a look at deals on textbooks offered through occasional homeschooling curriculum fairs.
Back-to-school sales aren’t just for children in public schools. Take advantage of this time of year to stock up on supplies that would cost more otherwise.
Swapping textbooks and learning materials with other families that teach their children at home could be a great chance to save everyone involved a lot of money.
Obtain a homeschool teacher identification card and take advantage of teacher discounts at bookstores.
For the subjects that don’t change too often, buy a used textbook. If they are barely out of date, the books still have relevant information and are much cheaper.
Enrolling a homeschooled child in discounted community programs is a good way to provide more social interaction.
Due to increased access to the Internet, the library is a great, free resource of information.
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- How much money should you be saving from each...
- Airline industry is least liked industries in...
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- University of Utah commits to buying more...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- Leadership touted at governor's economic summit
- Happiness research inspired one... 13
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Why do only half of Americans invest in... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4
- Airline industry is least liked... 4
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- University of Utah commits to buying... 3
- Leadership touted at governor's... 3