SALT LAKE CITY — Homeschooling can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be, according to SavingAdvice.com.
Setting goals makes for more commitment to saving throughout the year. One way to do this is to look up prices while setting the yearly budget.
There are many materials that are offered online for free. Class projects, textbooks and other additional readings are available on the web.
Instead of buying expensive workbooks or learning technology, make do with homemade materials instead.
Though you shouldn’t buy something just because it’s on sale, you can have a look at deals on textbooks offered through occasional homeschooling curriculum fairs.
Back-to-school sales aren’t just for children in public schools. Take advantage of this time of year to stock up on supplies that would cost more otherwise.
Swapping textbooks and learning materials with other families that teach their children at home could be a great chance to save everyone involved a lot of money.
Obtain a homeschool teacher identification card and take advantage of teacher discounts at bookstores.
For the subjects that don’t change too often, buy a used textbook. If they are barely out of date, the books still have relevant information and are much cheaper.
Enrolling a homeschooled child in discounted community programs is a good way to provide more social interaction.
Due to increased access to the Internet, the library is a great, free resource of information.
- Zuckerberg and wife, in letter to new...
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Dave Ramsey says: You can have a wedding...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage gap is...
- Everything you need to know about year-end...
- Appalachia grasps for hope as coal loses its...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Governor proposes pay raise for state liquor...
- Men and women: Understanding the wage... 35
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- Clinton proposes $275 billion in new... 9
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 7
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore,... 5
- Zuckerberg and wife, in letter to new... 5
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and... 4
- Utahns urged to shift spending during... 4