Health care could be cheaper for couples on a family plan as opposed to two individual plans, according to an article in Christian Science Monitor.
These simple steps to combine health insurance can save money in the long run.
In order to best compare plans, couples should request insurance quotes for both themselves and the entire family at each workplace.
Once the quotes are received, sit down together and talk about your options. Think more about how each plan affects your wages than the overall cost of the plan. If plans are about the same, choose the plan offered by the most stable job.
After deciding on a plan, sign up for it as soon as possible and don’t forget to cancel coverage you don’t need anymore.
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job...
- High-tech sensors help kids keep eye on aging...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Small Utah town violated law by asking about...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- More Americans spending at least half... 16
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 6
- Women innovators leading by example 6
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 5
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- Energy-producing states blast Obama... 2
- Rural hospitals struggle to stay open,... 1