Health care could be cheaper for couples on a family plan as opposed to two individual plans, according to an article in Christian Science Monitor.
These simple steps to combine health insurance can save money in the long run.
In order to best compare plans, couples should request insurance quotes for both themselves and the entire family at each workplace.
Once the quotes are received, sit down together and talk about your options. Think more about how each plan affects your wages than the overall cost of the plan. If plans are about the same, choose the plan offered by the most stable job.
After deciding on a plan, sign up for it as soon as possible and don’t forget to cancel coverage you don’t need anymore.
- Writers offer personal finance advice to Obama
- Former middle-class moms choose new identity...
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled amid...
- New app helps consumers purchase products...
- Abercrombie & Fitch only sells to 'cool,...
- Dick Harmon: Utah analytics company breaks...
- Utah added 43,000 more jobs in April 2013...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 22
- Utah's public university presidents... 9
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 7
- New app helps consumers purchase... 7
- Two new hotels announced for downtown... 6
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Tea party tax returns show small... 4
- Ty Kiisel: Small-town businesses across... 4