Health care could be cheaper for couples on a family plan as opposed to two individual plans, according to an article in Christian Science Monitor.
These simple steps to combine health insurance can save money in the long run.
In order to best compare plans, couples should request insurance quotes for both themselves and the entire family at each workplace.
Once the quotes are received, sit down together and talk about your options. Think more about how each plan affects your wages than the overall cost of the plan. If plans are about the same, choose the plan offered by the most stable job.
After deciding on a plan, sign up for it as soon as possible and don’t forget to cancel coverage you don’t need anymore.
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Knocking doors: What to know before signing...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that affect...
- Greek radical left wins election, threatening...
- Randy Shumway: The winners and losers of...
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in the...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 33
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 20
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Obama's proposed mandatory paid... 13
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9