Health care could be cheaper for couples on a family plan as opposed to two individual plans, according to an article in Christian Science Monitor.
These simple steps to combine health insurance can save money in the long run.
In order to best compare plans, couples should request insurance quotes for both themselves and the entire family at each workplace.
Once the quotes are received, sit down together and talk about your options. Think more about how each plan affects your wages than the overall cost of the plan. If plans are about the same, choose the plan offered by the most stable job.
After deciding on a plan, sign up for it as soon as possible and don’t forget to cancel coverage you don’t need anymore.
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- US consumer prices fall in November
- Abu Dhabi's Etihad gets A380, complete with...
- How grandparents can save for their...
- Constantly changing online prices stump shoppers
- Poll: 81 percent back Putin even as ruble falls
- Technology helps visually impaired watch TV
- Groups launch lawsuit over Tesoro refinery plan
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Is brand loyalty the new religion? 6
- Biggest mailing day of the year means... 5
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Insurers ease 'Obamacare' deadline 3
- Keystone pipeline to top Senate agenda... 3
- AP sources: NFL employees turn over... 3
- PacifiCorp to close Deer Creek Mine in... 3