SANDY — An off-duty Sandy police officer was killed early Friday when his motorcycle crashed into a freeway construction vehicle.
Remington Barron, 28, of Spanish Fork, was traveling south on I-15 on a Harley-Davidson in a construction zone near Springville, when a Provo River Construction vehicle allegedly pulled out in front him, according to a statement from the Utah Highway Patrol.
The driver of the construction truck, a 38-year-old man from Lehi, was working when he attempted to cross the freeway from the east side area that was closed off to traffic to the west side of the freeway closed off to traffic.
"The driver of the pickup did not see the motorcycle," the Utah Highway Patrol said in a statement.
Barron collided with the truck. He was wearing a helmet but was taken to a local hospital with head trauma. Barron died about 8 a.m., the UHP stated.
Sandy police said Barron was on his way home from work when he was hit. He had been with the department for two years. Barron is survived by his wife and two children.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14