SANDY — An off-duty Sandy police officer was killed early Friday when his motorcycle crashed into a freeway construction vehicle.
Remington Barron, 28, of Spanish Fork, was traveling south on I-15 on a Harley-Davidson in a construction zone near Springville, when a Provo River Construction vehicle allegedly pulled out in front him, according to a statement from the Utah Highway Patrol.
The driver of the construction truck, a 38-year-old man from Lehi, was working when he attempted to cross the freeway from the east side area that was closed off to traffic to the west side of the freeway closed off to traffic.
"The driver of the pickup did not see the motorcycle," the Utah Highway Patrol said in a statement.
Barron collided with the truck. He was wearing a helmet but was taken to a local hospital with head trauma. Barron died about 8 a.m., the UHP stated.
Sandy police said Barron was on his way home from work when he was hit. He had been with the department for two years. Barron is survived by his wife and two children.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call for...
- Lee praises Trump's potential Supreme Court...
- Richard Norby released from hospital, returns...
- Man charged with assaulting former boss...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Skyline senior rides motorcycle through...
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 112
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 12
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9