SANDY — An off-duty Sandy police officer was killed early Friday when his motorcycle crashed into a freeway construction vehicle.
Remington Barron, 28, of Spanish Fork, was traveling south on I-15 on a Harley-Davidson in a construction zone near Springville, when a Provo River Construction vehicle allegedly pulled out in front him, according to a statement from the Utah Highway Patrol.
The driver of the construction truck, a 38-year-old man from Lehi, was working when he attempted to cross the freeway from the east side area that was closed off to traffic to the west side of the freeway closed off to traffic.
"The driver of the pickup did not see the motorcycle," the Utah Highway Patrol said in a statement.
Barron collided with the truck. He was wearing a helmet but was taken to a local hospital with head trauma. Barron died about 8 a.m., the UHP stated.
Sandy police said Barron was on his way home from work when he was hit. He had been with the department for two years. Barron is survived by his wife and two children.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 18
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 18
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911... 11