Woman charged with obstructing investigation into teen's killing
SALT LAKE CITY — Charges were filed Thursday against a woman who police say gave false information about the death of 16-year-old Kenyatta Winston.
Shelby Reed, 19, was charged with obstruction of justice after allegedly giving two different accounts to police concerning her knowledge of the killing.
Winston had been shot and his body was left in an empty lot in Sugar House on Aug. 29. Several individuals have been interviewed and arrested in connection with the homicide.
Reed was interviewed by police on Aug. 29 and told officers she had no knowledge of the circumstances surrounding Winston's death, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court.
Police interviewed Reed a second time on Sept. 13. On that day, Reed said she had gone to the site where Winston's body had been dumped and had helped clean up a hotel room to eliminate evidence, the charges state. Prosecutors say suspects in the case had spent time at the hotel room prior to Winston's death.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14