Woman charged with obstructing investigation into teen's killing
SALT LAKE CITY — Charges were filed Thursday against a woman who police say gave false information about the death of 16-year-old Kenyatta Winston.
Shelby Reed, 19, was charged with obstruction of justice after allegedly giving two different accounts to police concerning her knowledge of the killing.
Winston had been shot and his body was left in an empty lot in Sugar House on Aug. 29. Several individuals have been interviewed and arrested in connection with the homicide.
Reed was interviewed by police on Aug. 29 and told officers she had no knowledge of the circumstances surrounding Winston's death, according to charges filed in 3rd District Court.
Police interviewed Reed a second time on Sept. 13. On that day, Reed said she had gone to the site where Winston's body had been dumped and had helped clean up a hotel room to eliminate evidence, the charges state. Prosecutors say suspects in the case had spent time at the hotel room prior to Winston's death.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 35
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17