Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Backup quarterback, Taysom Hill could get some valuable in-game experience throughout the season, making him a better player in the future, according to the article. Splitting reps with Riley Nelson could help BYU when it faces a difficult schedule in 2013. Next season, the Cougars will play Boise State, Texas, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and others.
After the 2012 season, BYU will lose key linebackers and defensive lineman, according to the article. Hill, the former player of the year for the state of Idaho, is the most talented quarterback on BYU's roster, according to the article. With a tough schedule and key losses on defense, having a quarterback with some experience could be key.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 117
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 36
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 34
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21