Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Backup quarterback, Taysom Hill could get some valuable in-game experience throughout the season, making him a better player in the future, according to the article. Splitting reps with Riley Nelson could help BYU when it faces a difficult schedule in 2013. Next season, the Cougars will play Boise State, Texas, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and others.
After the 2012 season, BYU will lose key linebackers and defensive lineman, according to the article. Hill, the former player of the year for the state of Idaho, is the most talented quarterback on BYU's roster, according to the article. With a tough schedule and key losses on defense, having a quarterback with some experience could be key.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 91
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 76
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 50
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 49
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 36