Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Backup quarterback, Taysom Hill could get some valuable in-game experience throughout the season, making him a better player in the future, according to the article. Splitting reps with Riley Nelson could help BYU when it faces a difficult schedule in 2013. Next season, the Cougars will play Boise State, Texas, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and others.
After the 2012 season, BYU will lose key linebackers and defensive lineman, according to the article. Hill, the former player of the year for the state of Idaho, is the most talented quarterback on BYU's roster, according to the article. With a tough schedule and key losses on defense, having a quarterback with some experience could be key.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 30
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 22
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22