Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Backup quarterback, Taysom Hill could get some valuable in-game experience throughout the season, making him a better player in the future, according to the article. Splitting reps with Riley Nelson could help BYU when it faces a difficult schedule in 2013. Next season, the Cougars will play Boise State, Texas, Georgia Tech, Wisconsin, Notre Dame and others.
After the 2012 season, BYU will lose key linebackers and defensive lineman, according to the article. Hill, the former player of the year for the state of Idaho, is the most talented quarterback on BYU's roster, according to the article. With a tough schedule and key losses on defense, having a quarterback with some experience could be key.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37