WEST VALLEY CITY — Animal lovers and their furry friends are invited to the city's second annual PetFest Pet Health and Wellness Fair.
PetFest will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29 at the West Valley City/Taylorsville Animal Shelter, 4522 W. 3500 South. The event is free.
PetFest aims to showcase the services provided by West Valley City and Taylorsville animal services, This year's event will include a best dressed pet competition, police K-9 demonstration, free pet tags for the first 100 guests, free adoption vouchers, pet training demonstrations, food for sale and activities for kids. Volunteer information, donation opportunities and information from community partners will also be available.
Celebrity guest Creature, Utah’s Ugliest Dog title holder, will be in attendance.
“Our goal is to increase adoptions and save lives,” says spokesperson Aaron Crim. “We are excited to welcome the community out to see our facility, find out about the services we offer and perhaps even fall in love with a new furry friend.”
For more information, visit www.wvc-ut.gov/petfest.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Man, 18, arrested in stabbing death of West...
- Utah doctor convicted in wife's death appeals...
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Construction of new Farmington high school...
- New Youth Resource Center is a celebration of...
- Photos: Hartvigsen School honors 2016 graduates
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 104
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 9
- Salt Lake City Council allocates... 8