WEST VALLEY CITY — Animal lovers and their furry friends are invited to the city's second annual PetFest Pet Health and Wellness Fair.
PetFest will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29 at the West Valley City/Taylorsville Animal Shelter, 4522 W. 3500 South. The event is free.
PetFest aims to showcase the services provided by West Valley City and Taylorsville animal services, This year's event will include a best dressed pet competition, police K-9 demonstration, free pet tags for the first 100 guests, free adoption vouchers, pet training demonstrations, food for sale and activities for kids. Volunteer information, donation opportunities and information from community partners will also be available.
Celebrity guest Creature, Utah’s Ugliest Dog title holder, will be in attendance.
“Our goal is to increase adoptions and save lives,” says spokesperson Aaron Crim. “We are excited to welcome the community out to see our facility, find out about the services we offer and perhaps even fall in love with a new furry friend.”
For more information, visit www.wvc-ut.gov/petfest.
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 21
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12