WEST VALLEY CITY — Animal lovers and their furry friends are invited to the city's second annual PetFest Pet Health and Wellness Fair.
PetFest will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29 at the West Valley City/Taylorsville Animal Shelter, 4522 W. 3500 South. The event is free.
PetFest aims to showcase the services provided by West Valley City and Taylorsville animal services, This year's event will include a best dressed pet competition, police K-9 demonstration, free pet tags for the first 100 guests, free adoption vouchers, pet training demonstrations, food for sale and activities for kids. Volunteer information, donation opportunities and information from community partners will also be available.
Celebrity guest Creature, Utah’s Ugliest Dog title holder, will be in attendance.
“Our goal is to increase adoptions and save lives,” says spokesperson Aaron Crim. “We are excited to welcome the community out to see our facility, find out about the services we offer and perhaps even fall in love with a new furry friend.”
For more information, visit www.wvc-ut.gov/petfest.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 34
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15