WEST VALLEY CITY — Animal lovers and their furry friends are invited to the city's second annual PetFest Pet Health and Wellness Fair.
PetFest will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29 at the West Valley City/Taylorsville Animal Shelter, 4522 W. 3500 South. The event is free.
PetFest aims to showcase the services provided by West Valley City and Taylorsville animal services, This year's event will include a best dressed pet competition, police K-9 demonstration, free pet tags for the first 100 guests, free adoption vouchers, pet training demonstrations, food for sale and activities for kids. Volunteer information, donation opportunities and information from community partners will also be available.
Celebrity guest Creature, Utah’s Ugliest Dog title holder, will be in attendance.
“Our goal is to increase adoptions and save lives,” says spokesperson Aaron Crim. “We are excited to welcome the community out to see our facility, find out about the services we offer and perhaps even fall in love with a new furry friend.”
For more information, visit www.wvc-ut.gov/petfest.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7