WEST VALLEY CITY — Animal lovers and their furry friends are invited to the city's second annual PetFest Pet Health and Wellness Fair.
PetFest will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 29 at the West Valley City/Taylorsville Animal Shelter, 4522 W. 3500 South. The event is free.
PetFest aims to showcase the services provided by West Valley City and Taylorsville animal services, This year's event will include a best dressed pet competition, police K-9 demonstration, free pet tags for the first 100 guests, free adoption vouchers, pet training demonstrations, food for sale and activities for kids. Volunteer information, donation opportunities and information from community partners will also be available.
Celebrity guest Creature, Utah’s Ugliest Dog title holder, will be in attendance.
“Our goal is to increase adoptions and save lives,” says spokesperson Aaron Crim. “We are excited to welcome the community out to see our facility, find out about the services we offer and perhaps even fall in love with a new furry friend.”
For more information, visit www.wvc-ut.gov/petfest.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8