While prescription drugs can be costly, there are safe and convenient methods of saving money on them, according to The Herald News.
Though shopping for the cheapest prescriptions can make for a lot of initial running around, many national pharmacies offer price matching, The Herald says. People can find lower prices at warehouse stores where you don’t need a membership just to visit the pharmacy.
Some stores offer programs that save money on prescriptions, though you may have to pay a yearly subscription fee for access to the deals. Also, some of these programs may not be available to Medicare recipients.
Another idea, according to The Herald, is to consider using generics instead of always buying the innovator drug. Generic brands cost less than the leading brands and are just as effective, according to the FDA.
Many pharmacies offer coupons for their services that can be found in the newspaper. Some stores even accept coupons from competitors.
Medicare recipients should check with medicare.gov on a yearly basis to see if their plan covers the drugs they are currently using.
Another option The Herald suggests to reduce prescription drug prices is to fill them using your insurance company’s mail order service. This method requires planning so that orders can be shipped through less expensive economy class mail.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- University of Utah Health Care's AirMed puts...
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and Canada
- Utah website designed to make sending...
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies, alliances
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 3
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for... 2