South Salt Lake man charged with using pit bulls in attack
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A South Salt Lake man was charged Wednesday with siccing four pit bulls on a man while he punched the man in the face.
Prosecutors say Gilberto Pinela entered Shaun Tyler Mower's yard, 171 E. 3185 South, on July 21 and was attacked by Mower and four pit bulls. "The suspect hit Mr. Pinela in the face while the four dogs proceeded to bite him numerous times," charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
A witness told police he heard Mower yelling and telling his dogs to attack, saying to the animals: "Let's go get him," the charges state.
Pinela suffered injuries that required stitches.The charges do not indicate what he was doing in Mower's yard.
Mower, 30, was charged with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Families protest at final prison relocation...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Utah prairie dog ruling stokes national...
- State parks of Utah: Northern region
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 54
- Families protest at final prison... 36
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 21
- Census report: Utah still last in... 21
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17