South Salt Lake man charged with using pit bulls in attack
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A South Salt Lake man was charged Wednesday with siccing four pit bulls on a man while he punched the man in the face.
Prosecutors say Gilberto Pinela entered Shaun Tyler Mower's yard, 171 E. 3185 South, on July 21 and was attacked by Mower and four pit bulls. "The suspect hit Mr. Pinela in the face while the four dogs proceeded to bite him numerous times," charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
A witness told police he heard Mower yelling and telling his dogs to attack, saying to the animals: "Let's go get him," the charges state.
Pinela suffered injuries that required stitches.The charges do not indicate what he was doing in Mower's yard.
Mower, 30, was charged with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 20
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16