South Salt Lake man charged with using pit bulls in attack
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A South Salt Lake man was charged Wednesday with siccing four pit bulls on a man while he punched the man in the face.
Prosecutors say Gilberto Pinela entered Shaun Tyler Mower's yard, 171 E. 3185 South, on July 21 and was attacked by Mower and four pit bulls. "The suspect hit Mr. Pinela in the face while the four dogs proceeded to bite him numerous times," charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
A witness told police he heard Mower yelling and telling his dogs to attack, saying to the animals: "Let's go get him," the charges state.
Pinela suffered injuries that required stitches.The charges do not indicate what he was doing in Mower's yard.
Mower, 30, was charged with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- After tragedy, couple uses genetic screening...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 71
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7