SOUTH SALT LAKE — A South Salt Lake man was charged Wednesday with siccing four pit bulls on a man while he punched the man in the face.
Prosecutors say Gilberto Pinela entered Shaun Tyler Mower's yard, 171 E. 3185 South, on July 21 and was attacked by Mower and four pit bulls. "The suspect hit Mr. Pinela in the face while the four dogs proceeded to bite him numerous times," charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
A witness told police he heard Mower yelling and telling his dogs to attack, saying to the animals: "Let's go get him," the charges state.
Pinela suffered injuries that required stitches.The charges do not indicate what he was doing in Mower's yard.
Mower, 30, was charged with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 53
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16