South Salt Lake man charged with using pit bulls in attack
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A South Salt Lake man was charged Wednesday with siccing four pit bulls on a man while he punched the man in the face.
Prosecutors say Gilberto Pinela entered Shaun Tyler Mower's yard, 171 E. 3185 South, on July 21 and was attacked by Mower and four pit bulls. "The suspect hit Mr. Pinela in the face while the four dogs proceeded to bite him numerous times," charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
A witness told police he heard Mower yelling and telling his dogs to attack, saying to the animals: "Let's go get him," the charges state.
Pinela suffered injuries that required stitches.The charges do not indicate what he was doing in Mower's yard.
Mower, 30, was charged with aggravated assault, a third-degree felony.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Eagle Mountain residents told not to use city...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 29
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18