Chen Wang, Deseret News
Packing your child’s school lunches can be an effective way to save cash, according to a blog by Equifax.
Instead of relying on the deli for meat, buy it in bulk. Cooking and cutting meat on your own can save a lot of money that would otherwise be spent on additional labor.
Use different grains and varieties of bread. Tortillas, pitas and sandwich thins can change things up for your child so they don’t get bored of the same thing every day.
When buy-one-get-one-free sales are available for bread, store one loaf in the freezer, Stephanie Nelson, from CouponMom.com and author of The Coupon Mom’s Guide to Cutting Your Grocery Bills in Half, told Equifax.
Another idea to ease lunch packing includes cooking extra food for dinner and packing it for lunch the next day.
Instead of buying individually wrapped snacks, buy in bulk and package them into the proper serving sizes yourself.
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 10
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3