SALT LAKE CITY — Five Utah hospitals recently were recognized by a local advocacy group for demonstrating high quality health care and excellence in performance.
HealthInsight, a private, nonprofit community-based health care advocacy group in Nevada, New Mexico and Utah, presented quality awards to Bear River Valley Hospital, the Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, Mountain View Hospital and the Park City Medical Center.
The hospitals are selected for the award based on publicly reported quality of care measures and patient perception of care.
The HealthInsight Quality Award program was launched in 2004 to promote transparency in health care, providing public accountability.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 45
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 15
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 13
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9