SALT LAKE CITY — Five Utah hospitals recently were recognized by a local advocacy group for demonstrating high quality health care and excellence in performance.
HealthInsight, a private, nonprofit community-based health care advocacy group in Nevada, New Mexico and Utah, presented quality awards to Bear River Valley Hospital, the Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, Mountain View Hospital and the Park City Medical Center.
The hospitals are selected for the award based on publicly reported quality of care measures and patient perception of care.
The HealthInsight Quality Award program was launched in 2004 to promote transparency in health care, providing public accountability.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14