SALT LAKE CITY — Five Utah hospitals recently were recognized by a local advocacy group for demonstrating high quality health care and excellence in performance.
HealthInsight, a private, nonprofit community-based health care advocacy group in Nevada, New Mexico and Utah, presented quality awards to Bear River Valley Hospital, the Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, Mountain View Hospital and the Park City Medical Center.
The hospitals are selected for the award based on publicly reported quality of care measures and patient perception of care.
The HealthInsight Quality Award program was launched in 2004 to promote transparency in health care, providing public accountability.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 91
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18