SALT LAKE CITY — Five Utah hospitals recently were recognized by a local advocacy group for demonstrating high quality health care and excellence in performance.
HealthInsight, a private, nonprofit community-based health care advocacy group in Nevada, New Mexico and Utah, presented quality awards to Bear River Valley Hospital, the Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, Mountain View Hospital and the Park City Medical Center.
The hospitals are selected for the award based on publicly reported quality of care measures and patient perception of care.
The HealthInsight Quality Award program was launched in 2004 to promote transparency in health care, providing public accountability.
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage license...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- Mia Love paying back money spent on...
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- 10-month-old girl drowns in bathtub in Eagle...
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 64
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 53
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 47
- Mia Love paying back money spent on... 40
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 34
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 18
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15