SALT LAKE CITY — Five Utah hospitals recently were recognized by a local advocacy group for demonstrating high quality health care and excellence in performance.
HealthInsight, a private, nonprofit community-based health care advocacy group in Nevada, New Mexico and Utah, presented quality awards to Bear River Valley Hospital, the Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, Lakeview Hospital, Mountain View Hospital and the Park City Medical Center.
The hospitals are selected for the award based on publicly reported quality of care measures and patient perception of care.
The HealthInsight Quality Award program was launched in 2004 to promote transparency in health care, providing public accountability.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 33
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13