USU tennis: Aggie men's tennis to open fall season at Weber State Thursday
USU men's tennis is set to open its fall season by competing this weekend in the Weber State Invitational in Ogden, Utah. The action is set to start Thursday, Sept. 20, and end on Saturday, Sept. 22.
The Aggies roster has seven returning players from last year's team including senior Sven Poslusny, who last season received second-team all-WAC singles honors. Poslusny also finished last season with a singles record of 11-13 and a doubles record of 9-15.
Also returning for the Aggies are juniors Brandon Nielson, Fredrick Peterson and Andrew Whiting. The team includes two additions, junior Matt Thatcher, from Logan Utah, and freshman Zeno Kastelic, from St. George Utah.
In its last match of the regular season last year, Utah State lost to Nevada 5-2 leaving it's record 5-13 with 0-4 in Western Athletic Conference play. After a 4-0 loss to Hawai'i in the WAC tournament in April, the Aggies are looking to bounce back this year.
The Aggies are also set to compete in the Utah Invitational in Salt Lake City on October 11-15.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 57
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 38
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34