USU tennis: Aggie men's tennis to open fall season at Weber State Thursday
USU men's tennis is set to open its fall season by competing this weekend in the Weber State Invitational in Ogden, Utah. The action is set to start Thursday, Sept. 20, and end on Saturday, Sept. 22.
The Aggies roster has seven returning players from last year's team including senior Sven Poslusny, who last season received second-team all-WAC singles honors. Poslusny also finished last season with a singles record of 11-13 and a doubles record of 9-15.
Also returning for the Aggies are juniors Brandon Nielson, Fredrick Peterson and Andrew Whiting. The team includes two additions, junior Matt Thatcher, from Logan Utah, and freshman Zeno Kastelic, from St. George Utah.
In its last match of the regular season last year, Utah State lost to Nevada 5-2 leaving it's record 5-13 with 0-4 in Western Athletic Conference play. After a 4-0 loss to Hawai'i in the WAC tournament in April, the Aggies are looking to bounce back this year.
The Aggies are also set to compete in the Utah Invitational in Salt Lake City on October 11-15.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 28
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25