USU tennis: Aggie men's tennis to open fall season at Weber State Thursday
USU men's tennis is set to open its fall season by competing this weekend in the Weber State Invitational in Ogden, Utah. The action is set to start Thursday, Sept. 20, and end on Saturday, Sept. 22.
The Aggies roster has seven returning players from last year's team including senior Sven Poslusny, who last season received second-team all-WAC singles honors. Poslusny also finished last season with a singles record of 11-13 and a doubles record of 9-15.
Also returning for the Aggies are juniors Brandon Nielson, Fredrick Peterson and Andrew Whiting. The team includes two additions, junior Matt Thatcher, from Logan Utah, and freshman Zeno Kastelic, from St. George Utah.
In its last match of the regular season last year, Utah State lost to Nevada 5-2 leaving it's record 5-13 with 0-4 in Western Athletic Conference play. After a 4-0 loss to Hawai'i in the WAC tournament in April, the Aggies are looking to bounce back this year.
The Aggies are also set to compete in the Utah Invitational in Salt Lake City on October 11-15.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37