Currant Bush: Elder D. Todd Christofferson recounts “The Currant Bush” story by Elder Hugh B. Brown, beautifully illustrated (literally!) in the newest Mormon Messages about learning to recognize “The Will of God.” And as Elder Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve concludes, “All of us can meet God’s high expectations, however great or small our capacity and talent may be. Let us pray for his love-inspired correction.” Incredible!
BYU parties: In “Democrats vs. Republicans at Brigham Young University,” a reporter from the YouTube channel CampusCampaign interviewed both Debra Anderson, president of the College Republicans, and Ben Ader, president of the College Democrats, and asks about issues, Mitt Romney and more. Both presidents articulately discuss their positions. Click in!
Mutual theme: The 2013 Mutual Theme has been announced: “Stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord (Doctrine and Covenants 87:8; emphasis added).” Click in to learn more about it!
Mormon Messages: 'The Will of God'
Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve share a story told by Elder Hugh B. Brown on how God uses love-inspired correction to guide us to a future we do not or cannot now envision but which he knows is the better way for us.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 13
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5