Blue roundup: Houston Reynolds out with injury, his brother starts in the NFL
While BYU offensive lineman Houston Reynolds sustained a season-ending Achilles tendon injury in the Cougars' loss to Utah on Saturday, the news wasn't all bad over the weekend for the Reynolds family.
Houston's older brother Dallas Reynolds made his first start in the NFL on Sunday, helping the Philadelphia Eagles defeat the Baltimore Ravens. Another Reynolds brother, Matt, is on the Eagles' practice squad.
"Dallas Reynolds played more football in one afternoon for the Philadelphia Eagles than he had the previous three years combined," writes Kevin Noonan of CBSSports.com. "And he'll get plenty more playing time in the upcoming weeks. Reynolds is the Eagles' backup center who became their starting center when Jason Kelce went down with a knee injury in Sunday's 24-23 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. Depending on what further testing reveals, Kelce will be out for at least four-six weeks or the entire season. Either way, Reynolds will be the man in the middle of the offense for the foreseeable future. That's quite a change from his immediate past. Before Sunday, Reynolds had played in just one game in his three-plus years with the Eagles, which were mostly spent on the practice squad. He barely beat out Jason Vandervelde for a spot on the active roster this season and now he'll be in the starting lineup on Sunday at Arizona."
Former BYU basketball star Jimmer Fredette started promoting his book, "The Contract," co-authored by Pat Forde, Monday in his hometown of Glens Falls. Fredette also donated uniforms to his high school.
Yahoo! Sports recaps Bronco Mendenhall's stare-down with a Utah fan on Saturday.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25