Blue roundup: Houston Reynolds out with injury, his brother starts in the NFL
While BYU offensive lineman Houston Reynolds sustained a season-ending Achilles tendon injury in the Cougars' loss to Utah on Saturday, the news wasn't all bad over the weekend for the Reynolds family.
Houston's older brother Dallas Reynolds made his first start in the NFL on Sunday, helping the Philadelphia Eagles defeat the Baltimore Ravens. Another Reynolds brother, Matt, is on the Eagles' practice squad.
"Dallas Reynolds played more football in one afternoon for the Philadelphia Eagles than he had the previous three years combined," writes Kevin Noonan of CBSSports.com. "And he'll get plenty more playing time in the upcoming weeks. Reynolds is the Eagles' backup center who became their starting center when Jason Kelce went down with a knee injury in Sunday's 24-23 victory over the Baltimore Ravens. Depending on what further testing reveals, Kelce will be out for at least four-six weeks or the entire season. Either way, Reynolds will be the man in the middle of the offense for the foreseeable future. That's quite a change from his immediate past. Before Sunday, Reynolds had played in just one game in his three-plus years with the Eagles, which were mostly spent on the practice squad. He barely beat out Jason Vandervelde for a spot on the active roster this season and now he'll be in the starting lineup on Sunday at Arizona."
Former BYU basketball star Jimmer Fredette started promoting his book, "The Contract," co-authored by Pat Forde, Monday in his hometown of Glens Falls. Fredette also donated uniforms to his high school.
Yahoo! Sports recaps Bronco Mendenhall's stare-down with a Utah fan on Saturday.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34