Author David McCullough: The pursuit of happiness is the pursuit of greater knowledge
During the center's ribbon cutting, UVU President Matthew Holland emphasized that in addition to the honor of having McCullough participate in the university program, the true purpose of the event and the new center was an academic focus on the U.S. Constitution.
"It's what we will study," he said. "It's what we will reflect on. It's what we will try to defend."
In conjunction with his participation at the center's ribbon-cutting, McCullough was given the center's Inaugural Honorary Fellow Award.
The Center for Constitutional Studies is hosting a number of events in celebration of Constitution Day. On Thursday, George Washington University professor and writer Jon Turley will give a free address to the public at 11 a.m.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Bodies of couple killed in rock slide recovered
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9