Keith tied in eighth, team tied in 11th place after two rounds
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. --The BYU women’s golf team finished the first day of the Dick McGuire Invitational tied for 11th place after a strong performance from senior Amanda Keith.
Keith finished the day tied for eighth place among the 93 golfers in the field shooting one over-par in the first round and one-under par in the second. Rebounding from two late bogeys in the second round, Keith hit two straight birdies to finish at even-par for the day.
“Amanda played well the whole day, which was solid,” head coach Carrie Roberts said. “She hit the ball really well and she’s worked really hard and it’s good to see it paying off.”
Annika Kahaiali’i also had a consistent day for the Cougars after shooting a first-round 74 (+1) and second-round 77 (+4) to tie for 36th place overall. Playing in her first ever collegiate tournament, freshman Lea Garner had a strong first-round 74 (+1) before shooting 79 (+6) in the second round.
West Coast Conference foe Pepperdine is also competing in the field. They finished tied for seventh place after two rounds.
The Cougars will look to improve upon their 11th place standing, finishing up their first tournament of the fall season on Tuesday.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22