BREMERTON, Wash. -- The BYU men’s golf team shot a 3-over first round and a 24-over second round to finish tied for eighth place after day one of competition at the Husky Invitational.
The Cougars came out strong finishing tied for second place after the first round, before steadily slipping during round two of play.
Sophomore Devon Purser led the Cougars during its first tournament of the season shooting a first-round 72 (E) and a second-round 77 (+5) to finish tied for 22nd overall. Purser found his groove late in the first round capitalizing on two par-5’s with two birdies.
Seniors Zac Blair and Adam Tebbs had strong first rounds for the Cougars. Blair finished close behind Purser shooting a first-round 73 (+1) and a second-round 78 (+6) to tie for 30th overall, while Tebbs shot a first-round 72 (E) and a second-round 80 (+8) to tie for 33rd overall.
The Cougars look to improve upon their eighth place standing as they complete their first tournament of the fall season on Tuesday trailing seventh place Oregon by only three strokes.
Chris Scheitinger is a student at Brigham Young University studying Public Relations. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 26
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20