South Ogden Police investigating spray paint incident at home of two deputies
, South Ogden Police Department
SOUTH OGDEN — Police are investigating separate incidents of criminal mischief at the homes of two law enforcement officers.
Saturday morning, both a Weber County Sheriff's deputy and Davis County Sheriff's deputy found spray paint marring their homes and one officer's DARE vehicle, according to South Ogden police spokeswoman Marci Edwards. Both officers live in the same South Ogden neighborhood near 1200 East and 5800 South.
"The Davis County deputy had his DARE car parked outside on his driveway and … the entire exterior of the vehicle was spray-painted in black paint," Edwards said.
The vandal also left a message reading "(expletive) cops" in the driveway in front of the vehicle. The same message was discovered, also written in black spray paint, on the garage doors of a Weber County Sheriff's deputy who lived nearby.
That officer did not have any vehicles in his driveway. It doesn't appear any other homes or vehicles were targeted.
"We do believe that they left a mesage specific for law enforcement officers at the law enforcement officers' residences," Edwards said. "We do believe they know exactly who lives there."
In the DARE program, officers insturct students in kindergarten through 12th grade in the classroom on how to resist peer pressure and live productive drug and violence-free lives.
Edwards said the department is anxious to find those responsible. Anyone with information about the incident has been asked to call dispatch at 801-629-8221.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15