USU cross-country: McKenna and Litzsinger place second at Montana State Bozeman Running Company Invitational Saturday
For the second-straight week, junior Kyle McKenna and senior Alex Litzsinger crossed the finish line as top finishers for the Utah State men's and women's cross-country teams. McKenna placed second overall in the Montana State Bozeman Running Company Invitational men's five-mile run with a time of 24:51.00 at the Bridger Creek Golf Course in Bozeman, Mont., while Litzsinger also collected second-place overall in the women's three-mile run with a time of 17:19.00.
As a team, the USU women tied for third place with Wyoming with a score of 75, while the Aggie men garnered fourth place with a score of 74. Montana State won the women's team title, while the Weber State men won top honors.
"I think Alex Litzsinger and Tylee Newman both did really well on the women's side as our top finishers as well as Kyle McKenna for the men," Aggie head coach Gregg Gensel said. "As a team, we showed progress from our home meet to this meet, and that is what we try to do by competing every other week. We will continue to train to get better and see what happens."
Freshman Tylee Newman ran her best race as a collegiate runner, collecting fourth-place with a time of 17:34.00, while fellow freshman Jacqueline Winterton rounded out the Utah State women's top-20 finishes by clocking in at 18:15.00, which was good enough for 19th place.
Senior Aaron Clements, sophomore Eric Shellhorn and freshman Tyler Roberts joined McKenna in the men's top-20 placing 17th, 18th and 19th with times of 26:08.00, 26:10.00 and 26:11.00, respectively.
USU cross-country will be in action again at the 2012 Roy Griak Invitational in Twin Lakes, Minn., on Saturday, Sept. 29.
UTAH STATE RESULTS
SEPTEMBER 15, 2012
WOMEN'S TEAM RESULTS:
1. Montana State, 61
2. Utah, 62
3. UTAH STATE, 75
3. Wyoming, 75
5. Carroll, 126
6. Northern Colorado, 162
7. Rocky Mountain Mines, 191
8. Montana, 212
9. MSU-Billings, 215
10. South Dakota Mines, 292
USU WOMEN'S INDIVIDUAL RESULTS:
2. Alex Litzsinger, 17:19.00
4. Tylee Newman, 17:34.00
19. Jacqueline Winterton, 18:15.00
22. Stephanie Burt, 18:18.00
23. Karli Lundquist, 18:24.00
24. Kelsey Giardelli, 18:24.00
31. Ashley Robison, 18:27.00
35. Hannah Williams, 18:37.00
47. Brittany Bushman, 19:07.00
54. Kiana Lindmeir, 19:18.00
56. Lecy Skousen, 19:21.00
59. Kaylee Campbell, 19:27.00
65. Sydney Blaser, 19:44.00
68. Amanda Stoudt, 19:50.00
73. AnnaLina Andersen, 20:02.00
86. Tessa Brown, 20:43.00
96. Nikki Woodring, 21:13.00
MEN'S TEAM RESULTS:
1. Weber State, 48
2. Wyoming, 49
3. Montana State, 50
4. UTAH STATE, 74
5. Montana, 124
6. MSU-Billings, 184
7. Carroll, 188
8. South Dakota Mines, 250
9. Northern Colorado, 251
USU MEN'S INDIVIDUAL RESULTS:
2. Kyle McKenna, 24:51.00
17. Aaron Clements, 26:08.00
18. Eric Shellhorn, 26:10.00
19. Tyler Roberts, 26:11.00
22. Kade Jensen, 26:17.00
30. Tom Derr, 26:25.00
33. Mike Bills, 26:33.00
34. Chris Martinez, 26:39.00
47. Jacob Barton, 27:10.00
59. David Cluff, 27:39.00
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on the...
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks off...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in...
- College football predictions: How will... 136
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 56
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 46
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 39
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36