West Valley City man shot Thursday dies, stepson arrested
WEST VALLEY CITY — A man shot multiple times late Thursday has died and his 16-year-old stepson has been arrested in connection with the shooting, police announced Saturday.
James Michael George, 52, was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital after suffering multiple gunshot wounds just before midnight Thursday. George died Saturday, police said.
Officers responded to reports of a shooting at a home near 3700 South and 6800 West, where they found George, his wife and stepson.
The stepson was arrested and booked into a juvenile detention center. Charges will be screened with the District Attorney's Office sometime next week, according to a news release from West Valley City police.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Police seek your help finding man, woman in...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 131
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Rally in support of police also draws... 35
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 21
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9