Westminster volleyball: women's volleyball defeats Montana Tech in four
BUTTE, Mont. – The Westminster College women's volleyball team picked up a 3-1 road win over Montana Tech Saturday afternoon. The win completes the weekend's road trip with a 1-1 mark.
Westminster improves to 9-5 overall and 2-1 in the Frontier Conference with the win. Montana Tech drops to 11-4 and 1-2. The Griffins won the match by scores of 25-18, 25-22, 23-25, 25-20.
The match was fairly even with the Griffins finishing with a 51-51 edge in kills and hitting .150 to the .149 recorded by Tech. Westminster had an 8-5 advantage in blocks, while recording 97 digs and four aces.
Rachel Enloe finished with a career-high 11 kills with a .474 hitting efficiency. The freshman also picked up seven digs to set another career-best. Ashley Marchant posted 11 kills and added 17 digs. Kenzie Mitchell had eight kills, while Katie Vance and Alexis Aalona recorded seven kills apiece. Aalona added 18 digs, and Emily Atkinson had 39 assists and a career-high 21 digs.
Sheersteen Cline led Tech with 15 kills, and Katie Tabaracci added 12 kills and hit .667 with zero errors. The Orediggers had 90 digs and five blocks in the match.
Westminster will now return home for a four-match home stand. The first of those matches is on Friday when Great Falls comes to the Behnken Field House for a 7 p.m. match.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45