Son requests protective order from father being investigated in wife's death
Oglesby told police that Wall again verbally attacked her, saying, "'Stay the (expletive deleted) away from me! You are damaging me! You don't know what you're doing!' It was meant as a direct threat, with implications that he will damage me ... like I am his new target of hatred," she wrote.
Pelle told police that's when his father also told him that he had caused "substantial damage to their family."
Oglesby said Wall went back and forth between her and Pelle with his anger.
"I never, at any time, uttered a single word to Johnny. I believe that he was angry because I didn't come across as defeated, scared or weak. I was able to maintain eye contact with Johnny, which added to his fury. I believe that his intent was to threaten me and Pelle in the same manner that he threatened Uta von Schwedler. Now that she is gone, he has transferred his anger and hatred to others, and Pelle and I are most certainly at the top of his list," she wrote.
Both Oglesby and Pelle Wall filed for protective orders. She said her request was denied because certain criteria hadn't been met. Pelle reportedly applied for a protective order in juvenile court where the other proceedings were already taking place, but the outcome of that request is not public record, according to court spokeswoman Nancy Volmer.
The one-year anniversary of von Schwedler's death will be marked with a candlelight vigil on Sept. 27 and a bike ride and pot luck lunch on Sept. 29.
Attempts to reach Howard Lundgren, John Wall's attorney, were unsuccessful Friday. A message on his voicemail said he was out of the office until next week.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14